Thursday, May 7, 2009

Koppam Rasam

Seriously!!! I really dunno y this rasam was named Koppam. Mom said so, so do I call it too.. :)

But if I was given a choice to name it, I would call it Aroma Rasam. Because this rasam has a very interesting and yummy smell. You will know when I tell you the secret here..

Ingredients:

Coconut - 1 tblsp
Green Chillies - 4

Garlic - 5 pods
Onion - 1 large

Tamarind - lemon sized ball
Salt - for taste
Curry leaves

Coriander leaves

Method:

Grind coconut, green chillies, garlic and onion together. Now take this in a bowl, add tamrind paste, salt, curry leaves, coriander leaves and add enough water to it and let it boil for a while. Koppam rasma is ready to eat. :)

Serve with hot steamed rice and chips. :)
Variety in samayal makes life interesting. Happy cooking. :)



Written by: Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. very nice, very different, pic looks great... ofcourse, wish i could smell it thru the comp! very nice post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to me. Simple and easy to make. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Koppam rasam's new to me! The rasam sounds delicious! Thx 4 visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard about this variety too, but I can imagine the nice aroma of blended coconut and the tamarind extract, that must be yummy :)
    love the dish in which you've presented too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rasam looks delicious and very nice pic.The name Koppam may came from Koppara/Koppari(coconut).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so new to me. Looks so nice.And as ever, well presented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ye nithi why did you call it as kopam rasam

    ReplyDelete