Sunday, February 21, 2010

Iced Sugar Cookies - Valentine's day special


Sugar Cookies1



Wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!! :)


Though there is nothing much for me to do with this day, I really cant let my blog starve on a happy day when there is a lot of celebration around. So I am celebrating the love for my blog and the love spread all around me.

Love you mom and dad. Love you all my friends. :)

Sugar Cookies2
The A and P are my Sis and Bil :)


I was badly looking to bake something and was also wanting to make some heats. So was googling for a while and found this simple yet interesting cookies in Deeba's lovely blog. If you have not visited her blog before, do it right now. She is just too amazing in everything that she does.

I dint make much of changes in the recipe but would still post it here.


Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

Butter - 3/4 cup
Castor sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
All purpose flour(Maida) - 2 1/2 cups
Salt - a pinch(avoid this if your butter is salty)
Almond essence - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Method:

Beat the butter and sugar till fluffy and light. Now add the salt, vanilla essence almond essence and beat for 30 seconds. With a spatula mix in the beaten egg. Finally put in all the flour in one go, and gather together to make a firm dough. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in wrap.

Roll out the dough to ¼ inch thickness and cut with assorted cookie cutters. Preheat the oven to 190deg C. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 10-12 minutes, watching closely so that they don’t get too brown.

Remove from oven and let the cookies lay on the sheet for a minute. Let the cookies cool on the grill for a while.

This recipe makes approximately 8 dozen 1 ½” small cookies.

For the icing - I simply used icing sugar mixed with just enough water to make it thick and flowing. Add the required food color and drizzle on the cookies as you like. Be creative and have fun.. :)

Iced sugar cookies is ready to eat.. Its yummm and absolutely attractive for kids. :)

Note: You can dip the cookies in melted chocolate and make it taste and look interesting too. :)

Sugar Cookies3


This is a cute card that my brother-in-law gifted to my sis today. :) Was happy to see a cute valentine couple at home. :)


Vday


My festive mood is always reflected by my Kolam design in the entrance. So here is my valentine's day kolam. :)


Vday



I am happy to send this to Priya's "Heart's for St. Valentine's day" event



Written by: Nithya
post your queries to fourthsensesamayal@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment